Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

We just spent an eventful weekend in Atlanta to meet our new nephew, celebrate my friend Kim's engagement and then spend Mother's Day with my family.
We also got to attend Cooper's 9th birthday party, which was at a roller skating rink. Bob, who is a great ice skater, has never roller skated before and so I thought I would show him how to do it. Well, all I showed anyone is that I can fall really hard and land myself in the ER with a bruised tailbone and some whiplash. Days later I am still sore and picking Charlie up is hard, but worth it. I think my ego is more bruised than anything.
It was so nice to see my new nephew in person. He is a beautiful, beautiful baby! Our first meeting I bored him to death and he slept through it, but on Sunday I got to hold him for awhile! So sweet!!!
Kim's engagement party was in Charlotte on Saturday. We had a great time and it is so nice to see her so happy. It was a nice preview to how fun the wedding will be.
Mother's Day was nice. Everyone met at Mom and Dad's and we enjoyed playing with the kids and just hanging out.
As far as the Milhizers go, we are doing well. April was insane. May seems a little more calm, but still really busy. Charlie is changing everyday and learning things at a crazy pace. We are blowing kisses, saying ball, duck and Dada ( he doesn't say them consistently, but he can). We are almost saying Mama, but it will come. I am doing well. I have started working out with a trainer in addition to my runs with Charlie, but I haven't been great about any of it lately. Last week was out with a horrible cold, then out of town and now my back. I am also terrible about my diet right now, which is why I am letting the few of you that read this know that I am getting back on track TOMORROW! I really want to feel great for a wedding in just a few weeks. I know what I need to do, I just have to do it.
Enjoy the pics below. Hope everyone is well!
The Mamas and their Babies

They love their cousin Charlie

I love my baby!

Cooper and Eli

But Dad, I want to feed the geese!

At Kim's engagement party - Kim, Laura and Jennifer

Kim and Charlie

Laura and Jennifer
Hanging with Aunt Traci while I fell on my bootie!

Brady showing off his cool bracelets

The birthday boy! I can't believe he's 9!!!

Eli and Charlie

Eli likes his new book!

My beautiful new nephew, Easton!


post signature


No comments: