Thursday, January 21, 2010

Long and Lean!

Today was Charlie's 9th month check-up. Its a few weeks late, but that's ok. Chuckles is 30 inches long but only weighs 19.5 lbs. As far as percentages go, he is taller than 90% of babies his age, but 75% of babies his age weigh more. So what this means is that Charlie could go around looking down at other babies saying, "What's up fatty!" Long and lean is a good thing! The doc doesn't seemed concerned at his weight, so I'm not either. As far as everything else, he is doing well. She wants to see him try and move around, but that's not happening anytime soon.
As far as my mission to be long and lean, I lost 2lbs over this past week. I am down to 145! Still a lot of work to do. It's amazing how I have weighed this before and actually felt pretty good. Having a baby just makes everything different and you have to work a little harder to feel good.
I have added a new goal to my list. I am going to run a half marathon on August 1st. Bob is helping put together a running schedule. So far, I can run 1.5 miles before needing to walk. Not bad for 3 times out and the fact that I haven't run since July of 2008 (this is when I found out I was pregnant and told myself that running was bad for the baby). First step is to complete the Shamrock Shuffle on March 21st which is a 5 mile race. Wish me luck! This will be a huge accomplishment for me. I have said many, many times that I was going to do a race with Bob, but I never do. I will not chicken out or get lazy!
Hope everyone is well!

post signature

No comments: