Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Charlie's Room...

And the winner is.....Charles Hudson Milhizer

Yes, it's official, we have decided on his name. We are very excited and both feel confident that we have picked a winner. For those that don't know, Charlie was the name of my mom's father. Charles is also the river that Bob rowed in Boston for BC crew. He spent every morning for 4 years on the Charles river so it has a lot of meaning for him personally. Hudson is the river in New York that we lived on while we lived there. We spent many days at Riverside park and we felt this represented the time in our life that we moved to New York early in our marriage and then decided to start our family. Also, if you follow the Hudson river north you will end up in Troy, New York which is where Bob's parents grew up.

Charlie's room is a fun, colorful Dr. Seuss room. I have a few things left to do, but it is pretty much done. My mom was in town over the last few days and we went through everything to make sure I have enough clothes, pajamas, and necessities for the the baby. She was a big help and I feel so much better about bringing baby home. Here is what it looks like so far...


This wall was beautifully painted by Joey Lala (if anyone in Chicago needs a great painter). I told him my idea for the stripes and he made it better than I could have imagined.

We love the Cat in the Hat!



This was a floor puzzle that I found at Borders Books. I put it together and had it framed. Yertle the Turtle is one of my favorite Dr. Seuss stories, so this was an exciting find and it worked out great!





The sheet is fun and colorful! Full of lots of Dr. Seuss characters.








Changing table



Book shelve with many of the gifts we were given - Thank you!!!!

Closer shot of the wall decal...



I wanted to purchase the 4 prints Pottery Barn Kids is selling of Dr. Seuss characters. Unfortunately, they were out of my budget. So, I took the matching pillow case and cut out some of the characters. I then doctored them up and created a very similar look for next to nothing! I love it...

I can't get a picture of the room all together, so I hope this gives everyone an idea of what it looks like. 4 and a half weeks to go!!!!!

6 comments:

Rhondi said...

So precious! It looks so darling, Aimee! Great job! Sweet Charlie will feel so welcomed & warm in that nursery.
xoxo

Amanda said...

IT looks AWESOME!!!! GReat Job! Great idea with the pillow case!! I LOVE the name. Perfect. Looks like everything is coming together...hang in there!amanda

The Gaupp's said...

I just came across your blog when I googled dr seuss room decor. I love how you did the room, and your use of color! What colors did you use for paint? It is SO great! Congrats on your baby!

Lisa
lgaupp@gmail.com

Mommy0507 said...

This is AWESOME!!! I'm doing a Suess nursery for my little guy, where did you find that decal? I've been looking for one!

Garry S. said...

My wife and I are thinking of doing a similar idea. We were wondering where you got the cat in the hat large wall decal. We have been looking all over and can't find anything. Can you help us? My email is gsmith04@verizon.net. Thanks!!

abug said...

I stumbled upon your blog when looking for Dr Seuss ideas. Would you be able to explain how you made the pictures from the pillowcase? Do you just cut and paste? Thank you!!

mystic5091 @ snet . net