Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Transition and Baby Update

Hello everyone! Greetings from the Windy City.
Unfortunately, this will be another post without pictures, but I figured it was time to update everyone on how our move has gone.
We arrived on January 24th to a bitterly cold, snow covered town. We stayed with Bob's parents until our stuff arrived. The moving company ended up being a small pain in the butt but at the end of the day, we have our belongings and only a few things were broken.
Our apartment is amazing. I am having a hard time filling it up. It only took a few days to put our place in New York together, so I am trying to be patient and let this happen a little at a time. However, that is easier said than done when you are getting bigger and bigger and the due date countdown keeps getting closer and closer.
The big priority this week is the baby's room. I have decided on a Dr. Seuss theme. I am piecing together Dr. Seuss items and decor that I have found from various places. I have always loved Dr. Seuss for his quirky way of teaching lessons to kids. His wacky characters are easy to relate to no matter how far out there they may be. Today, the room is being painted and the rest of the week I will begin putting the final touches on.
After the baby's room, we will look at finishing the rest of the apartment. Biggest items are finishing getting furniture, window treatments and then filling the walls and decorating it into a home.
I am most excited that we begin our search for a car this weekend. We lived perfectly fine in New York without one, but it's a slightly different story here in Chicago. We have been fortunate to have Pat's car when I need it. I am doing a great job learning the bus routes in our neighborhood and I could do the train to Michigan Avenue in my sleep at this point.
So, as far as the move goes, we are getting settled and learning how life works here in Chicago.

Baby Update:
We had another ultrasound yesterday. For those of you that know, we were given some great news that it looks like the kidney issue is working itself out. It isn't completely gone, but it is getting better which tells the doctors that the likelihood of it either going away before he is born or working out on it's own when he is born is much greater than expected.
I am measuring what I am supposed to be measuring, BUT little guy is measuring a lot bigger than he should be at this point. According to the ultrasound, which isn't always accurate (so keep this in mind), he is in the 90th percentile of weight and size for 33 weeks. They are guessing his weight to be 6lbs 15 oz already! Now, again, there is a margin of error with ultrasounds. They may expect him to be a 9lb plus baby and then he end up being an 8lb baby. He may just be a go-getter and decided to get all of his growing out of the way so he can just chill out for the last part of the pregnancy. All this to say, I will be mentally prepared for my big baby and hope that all goes easily and well.

I will try to post pictures soon. We just got internet at home and are having a few issues with the computer. I should have some pictures to post of the showers in Nashville and Chicago. We were very overwhelmed by the generosity and love we were shown through these two events. Thank you!!!!!





post signature

No comments: